Spectacular Saturday morning....way too early...but spectacular. The plan is a one mile walk to the VTA stop at Hale and Main, the #68 to the Gilroy Transit Center and walk 16 miles home. Piece of cake.
Blogging this as I walk so excuse the typos. I think when i do this, all the pictures end up at the end too so you'll have to scroll down some.
Picture of the throbbing heart of the World Garlic Capital. Tee hee!
So miles one through five consist apparently of chili peppers. Miles and miles and miles of them. Garlic capital? Really?
Yikes!! Like I said in a previous post...16 miles in a straight line!
Aahhhh! A very friendly (and spitting) camel/lama/alpaca thing......and more straight road to a point on the horizon!! Argh!! Mile 8 and getting tired. Hmm. Time to step up the pace and put a few miles behind us just to make it feel better.
....and there you have it. 17 miles! Yay! So you noticed how that went quiet there at the end? Because it hurt! Since the entire walk was on roads, I was walking to face oncoming traffic which (being as it's America) meant walking on the camber of the road with my right foot high and my left foot low (and both feet angled slightly, like walking around and around a hill for 17 miles). Result, a nice big old blister on the inside edge of my left foot. The first blister of the training and I'm sure not the last. For now though, a lesson, for long walks, try to minimize the walk on roads and make sure there is sidewalk to get something flat to walk on. Hmmmm. We pick up these gems along the way I guess.






No comments:
Post a Comment