Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Going Social....

Kind of a frustrating week this week.  Lot's of small walks in training but nothing ground breaking...nothing higher, further, quicker....and no exotic new food.  A couple of nice pictures though...Don't you hate it when work get's in the way of a good cause!





Funding raising is slowing down too so, while I can do little about a busy week at work, I think it's time to take the fund raising into a new phase.  Up until now this blog has not been private, but has only been publicized to people who have donated money and committed support for the walk. We have some nice content in here now and some cute pictures to share.  It's time to invite the world to come join us here.  Be neighborly now!!

As a reference point, so far, the blog has been looked at 190 times with  readers coming from all the places you might expect (US, UK, France) but we have also attracted interest from people who have found us from Germany (10 times), Russia (three times just today), South Korea (twice) and Thailand.  We currently have right about 20 people who have donated to the cause and you have collectively raised $1,115.  I am stunned, grateful and humbled by your generosity. 

From tomorrow on, we are going social baby!!! @mark1liver will start to tweet some walks and hashtag #avonwalks and see if we can get some of the other walkers to come join us here and interact.  If you are a twitterer, please follow @mark1liver and feel free to retweet whatever you find fun.  We'll also be doing the LinkedIn thing, participating in some groups and Facebook friending the Avon population.  I'll give you a little running total of the results.  I'm kind of excited.  Those of you who know me, know what I think of social media but hey....I spent the evening learning Tweetdeck so I'm armed and dangerous.

......just as a tease, I'm thinking of upping the stakes here and announcing some silly breaking news.  More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment