Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thank You

So I guess this is it.  This is a journey we began together back on March 30th when I had signed up for the Avon walk and decided it would be nice to blog about it as I went along the way.  Thank you SO much to all of you who have followed along and thanks for all your kind words of encouragement, donations and time that you have invested in helping us not only reach my goal of $1,800 but in playing our part in the $4.2M raised this year in the San Francisco walk.  I am totally humbled by your generosity and by the support that I have received. Thank You.

Some stats (this is America after all), along the way there I walked 670 miles in training and walked up a vertical distance of over 13,000 feet, this blog has been viewed over 1,200 times by friends from countries that span the entire planet.  I did training walks in three states and two countries, snow, heat, beaches and mountains......I had a blast I have to admit.  There were times though (normally at 5am or tired after work) that I questioned what the heck I was doing and thank you to all of you both on this blog and on social media for reminding me what was important.  .........I saw a sign on the walk last weekend that I wish I had seen earlier in my training.  It said quite simply "Blister Don't Need Chemo".  I posted it on Facebook for the folks that were following along there.  It's a simple statement that kept me going through the walk and probably will through life for a while..

Once again, thanks you so much for your support.  I wish you all the very best and hope one day to be able to make the same impact in your lives as you have in mine.  Be safe, be happy.  God bless!



Mark


Real men do indeed wear pink! 




No comments:

Post a Comment