So given that the last 13 mile walk left me quite stiff, I figured I would look for something of lesser distance but with more of a workout to mix it up a bit. Behind the house is the Anderson Dam and the hills around that go up to about 1000 feet. Perfect candidates. A check of the map revealed a 10 mile loop from the house, up to and over the Dam, into the hills and back down the other side with a walk back through town to the house. Since it is half term for Andrew, I could leave him sleeping and get a really early start to complete the loop before work. Perfect. Just for fun, a quick Facebook post to say what I was doing and ask for comments and whether the readers thought I should do the 1000’ hill or another 13 miles flat walk. Two comments received, once vote for the hill and one vote for the 13 miles. Hmmmm, ok, perhaps I could do both. The plan was set, a pre-dawn start up and over the hill, go to work and then in the evening, another short 3 miles (or more) walk to make it up to 13.
The morning was very dark indeed and it was only just getting light as I headed into the wilderness behind the dam. Breaks in the trees revealed a Morgan Hill with all the street lights still on twinkling in the valley below. A long walk across the ridge line and then a spectacular view as I dropped down the hairpin bends back into the town. What a lovely way to start the morning. Thanks for the hill vote Leanne!!!
....and and evening walk in just spectacular weather to make 15 miles








No comments:
Post a Comment